A Personal Storage Table, or PST, is used in Microsoft Outlook to store email messages, calendar items and other data usually kept in Outlook. In contrast to normal Microsoft Exchange Server information, which is stored on a server and accessed by Outlook, a PST file is typically stored on a user’s local hard disk or, in a corporate environment, on a file server. Users often employ PST files to circumvent server storage quotas. Because these personal folders are stored on individual work stations rather than on a centralized server, they can present several vexing management challenges and business risks.
Over the years Adept-tec has developed an in-depth understanding of the obstacles PST files present. We can help you address these issues by planning and implementing a PST migration project.
If you would like to more about how Adept-tec can assist you through the whole PST migration process, please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
Adept-tec has chosen PST files Flighdeck as a best-of-breed tool to eliminate PST files:
Using an intelligent and automated approach, PST Flight Deck can:
• Scan local drives, attached USB devices, and network shares.
• Run detailed reporting of PST location and size.
• Manage user policies, interaction, notification and authorizations.
• Offer secure, automatic centralization, with newly enhanced bandwidth control.
• Filter, verify, and de-duplicate files, with password removal, and corruption repair.
• Deliver rapid ingestion into the new platform, with automated elimination of old PSTs.
• Support Microsoft Azure, on-premises, or hybrid set up.
• Handle leaver’s PST files with terminated account workflows.
• Enable flexible user management with profile based workflows.
• Provide Macintosh support for both PST and OLM files